Thursday, April 23, 2009

Drawing

N. has been drawing trucks and trains with an obsessive daily dedication since October 2008 but as I mentioned in my previous post, he has suddenly started drawing buildings, and I think they are pretty cool.

Here is a typical truck. He's amassed reams (no exaggeration) of drawings like this.
(a delivery truck)

And one of a zillion train pictures:
(an electric cog-wheel train with pantograph going up a hill)

Here are some of the recent pictures of "old buildings":
(St. Paul's Cathedral, London. The third drawing is meant to be a close-up.)

(the Leaning Tower of Pisa)

(a bridge)

(My favorite: the "N. Cathedral," complete with stained-glass windows. Tim told him how to spell "cathedral." I'm fascinated by the fact that that as the letters wrap around the picture, they are backwards!)

3 comments:

Mom and Kiddo said...

I find these drawings amazing. My 4 year old has yet to draw a single realistic image, despite the massive amount of art we do at home. I have no idea why.

Fanny Harville said...

Hi Mom and Kiddo,
I've been reading your blog for the past year, and I love that you guys do so much non-representational art. I've tried to encourage Norris to do more of that, but his main art interest is drawing vehicles, and I mean sometimes 50 per day. I am excited about these recent drawings of Norris's because they are NOT TRUCKS!

sgaissert said...

"Obsessive daily dedication!" I love it -- my daughter went through such phases. I particularly remember the Sculpey clay obsession. I think it was self-prescribed art therapy. Anyway, Norris is really having a natural good time. Enjoy!