Monday, January 24, 2011

Regency Dresses for Felicity

I'm really just posting this to show off the pretty dresses I made for the new Felicity and Elizabeth dolls N. and his friends got for Christmas.  N. chose the fabrics and trimmings; the red dress is for his doll and the pink and purple are for the dolls of his friends.  He chose the most historically appropriate fabric for his own doll, of course, and in his favorite color.  Before Mattel bought it, Pleasant Company sold patterns so you could make historically appropriate dresses for the American Girl dolls, but these are now expensive and hard to find.  I asked Amy Karol if she had any leads on colonial-era patterns and she found this Regency pattern.  N. likes the dresses but due to his penchant for categories, he was a little disappointed when he noticed how different they are in style from Felicity's 1770s garb.  Fortunately, after I made these, my mom found the Felicity (and Samantha) Pleasant Company patterns she'd bought when my youngest sister was into American Girl dolls.  So I expect we'll be making historically accurate outfits for Felicity soon!

5 comments:

Lucinda said...

Wow! You cranked those out really quickly. Hope the girls liked their dresses.

Jessica said...

I have the miniature Felicity doll. She's my favorite! Love the dresses--even if they are inaccurate by historian standards. :)

Adrienne Pilon ("A") said...

Market these! Or make big(ger) copies for yourself. So cute!

Fanny Harville said...

Adrienne, I *totally* want to make a bigger version for myself! Maybe for Halloween?

Shari @For the Little Doll In Your Life said...

That is a VERY cute dress. Great job mom!