Sunday, September 30, 2012

Electricity from Lemons

According to my phone I took this photo at 7:38 a.m.
Last week, N. and Tim did that lemon-battery thing that the internet tells me every homeschooler in America does at least once.  And it worked!  They used a kit similar to this one that friends had passed down to us (unused!).  Earlier in the summer, N. had tried this unsuccessfully, at a science summer camp, no less, so we were all quite pleased that it worked this time.  And N. actually explained to me how it worked when I got home from work to marvel at it.  He now knows more about electricity than I do.

3 comments:

Momand Kiddo said...

I do feel quite ticked as a parent when it is obvious that my son is more of an expert in certain areas than I am.

Adrienne Pilon ("A") said...

Where is the "like" button (ha)??

Alice@Supratentorial said...

Very cool! We did this recently also. We had to use a voltmeter to "see" the electricity since we didn't have the clock and it wasn't enough to light up a little bulb. But still very cool